Almond Flour Banana Pancakes
Only three ingredients, plenty of protein and no blood sugar spike.
This metabolically efficient (1:1 ratio) breakfast recipe is easy to make and will power you up for the day in only 15 minutes of time from start to finish. They also travel well, just wrap them up in some wax paper and you are good to go... out the door if necessary.
Prep time is 5 minutes and cooking time is 10 minutes. Here's how to make them:
- 1.5 cup blanched almond flour (I use Bob's Red Mill brand)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a blender (or food processor), blend banana and 1 egg until there are no large lumps
- Pour mixture in a medium size bowl and whisk in the other 2 eggs
- Whisk in the almond flour and baking powder until smooth
- Heat frying pan to medium heat and add a pad of butter or ghee
- Use a 1/4 measuring cup to scoop batter onto the pan
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes each side
The banana adds plenty of sweetness so there is no need to add any additional sweeteners or syrup. Feel free to add steamed broccoli or asparagus as a side and a dollop of goat cheese if you so desire. These protein packed cakes will keep you energized and feeling satisfied all morning.