Not your traditional cookie by any means! These protein-packed powerhouse almond cookies come together in a flash and will keep you going for hours.
If you are looking for an on-the-go snack that is easy to make and metabolically efficient, mix up a batch of these tasty morsels and you are ready to roll. Even with the dark chocolate piece on top they are a 1:1 ratio (CHO:PRO). One cookie is 10g CHO, 14g PRO and 5g of Fiber.
They are dairy free, gluten free, grain free, soy free, vegan and vegetarian. Oh, and paleo friendly too.
Prep time is 10 minutes, cooking time is 15 minutes.
Makes 10 cookies
Here's how to make them:
- 1/2 cup, Bob's Red Mill Finely Ground Almond Flour
- 2 scoops, Protein Powder (I use Thorne Research - Vegalite Vanilla)
- 1 tablespoon, Bob's Red Mill Organic Golden Flaxseed Meal
- 3/4 cup, Fresh Ground Almond Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon, Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon, Himalayan Fine Pink Sea Salt
- 1 square, 80% Dark Cacao Chocolate
- 3/4 cup, Water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix flaxseed meal and water together in a small bowl and set aside to thicken. In a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour, protein powder, baking soda and almond butter. Add in the flaxseed and water mixture. The mixture should have a dough consistency. Using your hands, form together dough to create each cookie (about 3 inches round) and place on the prepared baking sheet. Leave about 1 inch between each cookie. Bake until set, approximately 15 minutes.
Remove cookies from oven and place 1 dark chocolate square on top of each cookie. Let cool for 5 minutes.